struts-dev mailing list archives

From Vic Cekvenich <vic_cekven...@baseBeans.com>
Subject Re: Workflow for Struts
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2003 18:15:48 GMT

Ted Husted wrote:
> The thing I keep coming back to is whether workflows are a Struts
> problem."

Agree! that Workflow, PageFlow are not a Struts... or a problem.

In greenscreens(Cobol), we had (work)flow, chose menu 1-12, then 1-6,
etc. The programers is in control of next step.
Web is event oriented. The user is in control, programer has to code
defensive. We just receive events and handle.
Ex: User start to fill out credit info, then browses to Amazon, Google,
then comes back.

 From business side, being process centric is bad. Info, or model, or
data centric is better, since the business process changes and needs to
be dynamic.

my 02 c.
.V