struts-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject RE: SuccessAction (was RE: Addition of two new actions)
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2003 02:58:39 GMT
At 18:18 -0700 8/8/03, Steve Raeburn wrote:
>I don't think that you could rely on the ActionForwards being returned in
>the same order each time, so forwarding to the first one found would not be
>guaranteed to work.

I thought the whole point was that there would be only one forward
and the action would always forward to that forward?  In that case,
you could count on using the first one.

If order was deemed meaningful, it would be easy enough to use the
SequencedHashMap from Commons Collections.

>Any forward without a name, would be stored under a default key (defined in
>Globals). You could use null here, but I think it would be better to use an
>actual value.
>
>You'd probably need to add a method such as getDefaultForward() to retrieve
>it.

This part seems to be adding complexity to something which was meant
to be very simple.

To be fair, I'm just kibitzing; I dropped off this thread a while
back and don't have very strong feelings either way.

Joe

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com
"If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time."
	--Jaron Lanier