struts-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Resource Bundle Prototyping
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:44:38 GMT
The main move regarding resource bundles is to use the
commons-resources package (which is still in the "sandbox").

There has been some discussion about commons-resources on the Commons
Dev mailing list lately.  This post by Martin Cooper
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=106006188608959&w=2
summarizes the current state of affairs, but note that there are
messages before and after it in the thread if you want complete
context.

Your suggestion is on the Struts-specific side of things, but it
might be worth monitoring that discussion (particularly about
refining the abstractions) to help ensure that the general API
doesn't make it difficult or impossible to get where you want to be.

Joe

At 11:22 -0400 8/6/03, Sgarlata Matt wrote:
>Has there been any discussion of allowing resource bundles to
>inherit properties from other resource bundles?  For the project I
>am working on, it would be nice if we had one resource bundle with
>application-level properties and also module-specific resource
>bundles which had all the properties of the application-level
>resource bundle plus additional ones specific to that module.  I
>know you can specify multiple resource bundles per module in Struts,
>but the problem is that certain components (e.g. - the validator)
>always look for the default resource bundle.
>
>I can elaborate on why exactly I would like to see this feature if
>someone would like me to.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Matt

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com
"If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time."
	--Jaron Lanier