struts-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Leland <rlel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: When is the next release?
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 02:42:43 GMT
Ted Husted wrote:

> Just a head's up. I'd like to draw up a Release Plan tomorrow for
> Struts 1.2 beta 1. I'd like to get this out so people can start
> migrating to the "non-deprecated Struts 1.1+" (for lack of a better
> term) *before* we get into the Commons Resources thing.
>
> Since we did so much backward-compatiblity work on Struts 1.1, getting
> the deprecations out of some of the older code will be no small task
> for some people, but the sooner we get the community started on this,
> the better.
>
> If anyone else would like to be the Release Manager, please feel free
> to chime in. I'd be happy to pass the baton once the plan is in place.

Are we going to take the struts-legacy out this build or remove it for 1.3.
If so then the data source code will need to be removed, before the beta.
Beta implies a stable interface.
Also I thought we were going to do away with alpha/beta/RC .... anyway.

> -Ted.

Robert Leland	                Robert@free2create.org
Java, J2EE, Struts, Web Application Development

804 N. Kenmore Street		+01-703-525-3580
Arlington VA 22201