struts-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Leland <rlel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Addition of two new actions
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 17:26:32 GMT
David Graham wrote:

>--- Rob Leland <rleland@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>David Graham wrote:

>>standard

>>>I think unused methods/classes should be deprecated and removed.  We
>>>shouldn't be carrying around excess unused utility code just because a
>>>user *might* be using them.
>>>

>>I agree they should be moved from the core package.
>>And moved to an optional package.
>>

>I have a few concerns with this.  First, it's more work to maintain this
>new optional package with build files, tests, distribution, etc.  Second,
>it's likely that the unused code would decay because Struts isn't using
>it.

Since we don't currently have a struts-contrib or struts-tools
distribution I would agree.
Once that is in place I believe that would change.

or moved into the tools jar. I agree with what you said :
"I think unused methods/classes should be deprecated and removed."

If the struts core doesn't use it then it doesn't belong in the core,
and should be
moved to a seperate jar. That includes any actions

--
-----
Rob Leland (703-525-3580)

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day of your life.
                                                                                      -Confucius.