struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Modular Struts Examples
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 21:17:38 GMT
Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
>>Display tag- (Talk out of bouth sides of your mouth) Yes Stuts is view
> <snip/>
> Other Struts developers, of course, can speak for themselves.

There are a ton of very cool extension for Struts, DisplayTag, SSL-Ext,
Struts-Menu, to name a very few. Many more than we could ever try to
support here.

But, the beauty of the open source world is that we don't ~need~ to
support everything here. People can setup projects at SourceForge and so
forth and do everything there that they could do here.

I'd like to see more HOW-TOs in our documentation in regard to the many
extensions. But it's up to the people using these extensions to
contribute them. I'm also hoping to get caught up on the resources page
soon, which is also sadly behind the times.

While ee should keep the new Struts-Examples application tied to what's
in our core distribution, I think there's room for a Struts-Extensions
application that uses things like DisplayTag, Struts Menu, xDoclet, and
so forth. But, that's something I would envision living on the Struts
SourceForge site (assuming somone wants to build it).

-Ted.

--
Ted Husted,