struts-dev mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject New TagUtils class
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2003 18:32:57 GMT
Yesterday I committed a new TagUtils class for all tag related methods
from RequestUtils to be moved into.  Rob has helped out with the movement
and wrote this in one message:

"Overall we may need a glue class, instead of calling this a tagutil since
other display technologies other than JSP might be able to make use of
this library."

I considered naming the class JspUtils or ViewUtils but chose TagUtils
because I didn't think it would be called from a JSP and other view
technologies wouldn't necessarily need these methods.  What does everyone
think about this?  Now is the time to change the name before 1.2 comes
out.

Thanks,
David