struts-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: composable RequestProcessor
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2003 17:23:40 GMT
At 16:33 +0100 6/1/03, Peter A. Pilgrim wrote:
>For Expresso I too have subclassed the TilesRequestProcessor
>for our own ExpressoRequestProcessor. Can a module have
>more than one controller?

Not the way it is right now, and I'm not sure why you'd need it.  I
think if you want to use the approach you described:

><manager class="ControllerManager" >
>   <controller class="TilesRequestProcessor" />
>   <controller class="FoobarRequestProcessor" />
>   <controller class="AcmeRequestProcessor" />
></manager>

... then it makes more sense to define interfaces for each lifecycle
method of RequestProcessor and use the XML to configure a collection
of handlers.  But David, at least, seems to think that's overkill.  I
don't feel very strongly about it, but no one else has even weighed
in.  It would mean a lot of interfaces, given that RequestProcessor
has 16 "process*" methods.  Probably it is overkill...

Given the XML you provided, how would the Manager know which
controller to use when?

Joe

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com
"If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time."
	--Jaron Lanier