struts-dev mailing list archives

From "David Graham" <dgraham1...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: composable RequestProcessor
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 18:01:25 GMT
>If we use Filters in lieu of the RP wouldn't that require that we move the
>ActionServlet to a filter as well? Where does the ActionServlet fit in to
>this?

The ActionServlet initializes Struts from the config files but all
processing goes through the RP.  So, we could still have the servlet init.
everything if we wanted but then step aside and let the filters process
requests.  Alternatively, we could remove the ActionServlet and init. Struts
some other way.

David