struts-dev mailing list archives

From "David Graham" <dgraham1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: composable RequestProcessor
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 14:46:43 GMT
>I don't want to put words in your mouth, but from the discussion, I get the
>sense that you are focused on deploying a single application.

I am focused on meeting your needs in an appropriate way (and playing a bit
of devil's advocate).

>The people who are speaking up here are all those who are trying to write
>libraries that could be used in any Struts application -- the Workflow
>extension, for example, or internally here, a "survey" application.  What
>if you wanted to include my survey library in an application which also
>used the Workflow, and you need to use Tiles but neither of us designed
>using the TilesRequestProcessor?

So, how does configuring the methods in struts-config solve that problem?
If there are RP conflicts it seems better suited to deal with them in code.

My current belief is that xml is not flexible enough to allow good RP
composition.  It works in the simplest of cases but I doubt it will help
solve RP conflicts.

David