struts-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Leland <rlel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - jakarta-struts
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:43:47 GMT
James Mitchell wrote:

>On Monday 23 June 2003 11:43, Martin Cooper wrote:

>>>Yes, that sounds like what I was vaguely remembering.
>>>
>>>So, at this point, noone can fix this but Craig?
>>>

>>No, any Jakarta committer can fix it. The issue is one of figuring out how
>>to modify the Struts Gump descriptor to build struts-legacy first, and
>>then have the main build refer to that. Any committer can check in the
>>change, we just need to figure out what that change looks like. ;-)
>>

>Ok ok!! So I'm lazy ;)  I finally got around to reading this:
>http://jakarta.apache.org/gump/faq.html
>
>So, unless anyone else gets to it first, I'll try to fix this tonight.

Also looking at the gump output at :
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/jakarta-struts.html

It looks like it is building with an old version of the struts build.xml
file.
Notice the targets:
When gump executes the 'dist' target we get:
init:
     [echo] --------- jakarta-struts 1.1-rc2 ---------
prepare.dist
prepare.library:
is printed out.

when I do a 'ant dist' from a clean state I get, and should get :

dist.legacy:
init:
     [echo] ---------- Struts Legacy Distribution 1.1-rc2 ----------
prepare:
resources:
compile:
docs:
init:
     [echo] --------- jakarta-struts 1.1-rc2 ---------

Let me post this on the gump list to get some feedback.

-Rob