struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ives Landrieu <ives.landr...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Question on struts, tiles and jsf
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:29:09 GMT
David Graham wrote:

> There has already been much discussion around making the
> RequestProcessor more composable.  The plugins only get called at app
> startup and shutdown and are an inappropriate place for the desired
> functionality.
>
> David

Sorry, I didn't really check any archives and I only recently subscribed
to this list (like yesterdag ;-) ).
If you say that the plugins are not the correct place for the desired
functionality, I understand that you only mean that the plugin interface
should not be extended (I agree, naturally), but that the registration
of listeners/observers on the request processor during
plugin-initialisation is probably a good way to go.
Thanks for the quick reply, I will look through the archives for more info.
Ives