struts-dev mailing list archives

From Vic Cekvenich <vic_cekven...@baseBeans.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Convert RC2 to Beta 5
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2003 23:12:51 GMT
(Thanks Ted and others comitters CVSing fixes (David, Martin) for
donating yet another weekend to Struts, either way).
My comprehension (not again.... Its not flamey this time) is this:

Ted can release today under Beta 5 beta as is (with the known failed
test) with all the work he did. Plus for this side is... who knows when
is the next time a release will come, and no release for Java One?, that
was the motivation here. So it's a step sideways to go forward. +1 means
release Today, that is how I read it. It's just a name.

Else... someone else (who has tech. skills/experience of Ted) has to
step forward, at another time to fix and build and release.   So if you
look at it as beta  vs RC 2... it seems RC2! But when, a week? A month?
What about the work done last few days? So a - 1 means.... wait.

If you say, hey, lets release something! that works and passes most
tests in how it's used, and lets move towards final then ... beta 5.

+0 for B5.

.V