struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status check?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 16:49:31 GMT
Martin Cooper wrote:
> The tagging for the main Struts release will actually be a bit more
> painful for RC2 since you can't just blanket-tag the Commons packages -
> they'll have to be tagged individually to match the specific versions
> we're bundling.

I can understand why we tagged the Commons packages when we were
building betas against the nightly builds, but now that we are basing
our RCs on Final Releases or other Release Candidates, tagging the
Commons CVS seems futile and dangerous. Don't they already have tags for
the versions upon which we have declared our dependency? And, I'd have
to be sure I had the release version checked-out (some of which are
months old now) rather than the current trunk.

-Ted.