struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status check?
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 19:23:05 GMT
Ted Husted wrote:
> Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
>  > I do think we should say something like "two weeks after RC2, barring
>  > any major bugs" so that we can encourage people to actually try RC2 in
>  > that time frame.
>
> June 15 would the be second anniversary of Struts 1.0 -- but I reckon
> that's a might too close, so let's say June 22, barring any showstoppers.

Though, <sigh/>, JavaOne is next week, and so that shouldn't really
count. Meanwhile, there's still a few places where the 1.1 documentation
is a bit skimpy, and the News and Resources sections are way behind, and
I'd like to beef those up before the world comes knocking on our door.

There's also the small matter of whether FileUpload has gone final.
AFAIK, we need final versions of all our dependent JARs, or else Struts
will still not be accessible to many teams.

So, pending advice to the contrary, I'll plan on putting 29 June 2003 in
  the Release Plan (two years and two weeks after Struts 1.0).

-Ted.