struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: composable RequestProcessor
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 17:30:06 GMT
David Graham wrote:
> Why should we duplicate the effort of the container inside Struts?

We often duplicate the effort of the container. Actions duplicate
servlets. Modules duplicate multiple applications.

In each of these cases, the effect of the container feature is the same,
but the justification has always been "it more lightweight".

*If someone wanted to write it*, I don't see that a composable request
processor would have to be a 2.x change. The major changes could all
take place within the process method, and the original RequestProcessor
could remain available.

Things like the DTD may have to be expanded, but it would not be
anything more radical than what we did between 1.0 and 1.1. [As if
that's a good justification for anything =:0)]

-Ted.

--
Ted Husted,