struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: composable RequestProcessor
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 09:58:36 GMT
Heydtmann, Dirk [ITS] wrote:
> Similar problem here. For legacy reasons we have to wrap an inhouse framework around
Struts which is used by a number of application teams. Since we needed to override some RequestProcessor
method, we had to choose between TilesRequestProcessor and RequestProcessor. We picked TilesRequestProcessor,
even though most of our applications are not using Tiles. Six months ago we entered a bugzilla
ticket (#15969) asking for the TilesRequestProcessor to behave more friendly towards applications
that do not use Tiles, which has been tagged for later resolution.

LATER will soon be upon us!

But, please remember that we are all volunteers here. Enhancements
requests are nice, but requests without a patch receive much lower priority.

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/using.html#Patches

In practice, unless it is trivial, a feature enhancement without a patch
will not be addressed, unless someone else interested in the feature
(including a Committer) provides the patch.

-Ted.

--
Ted Husted,