struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter A. Pilgrim" <pet...@xenonsoft.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: composable RequestProcessor
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2003 15:33:16 GMT
David Graham wrote:
> One thing that bothers me is that RequestProcessor is not an interface
> which leads to the Tiles situation.  If it were an interface, you could
> implement your one method and delegate the rest to the
> TilesRequestProcessor or any number of other processors.
>
> IMO, RequestProcessor should be an interface in Struts 2.0 to allow the
> composition you're looking for.
>
> David

If RequestProcessor becomes an interface then you ought invent
a RequestProcessorManager interface, which is an object
responsible for managing and invoking request processor.
In other words we have a manager and worker children.

If not the controller XML needs changing. How about

<manager class="ControllerManager" >
   <controller class="TilesRequestProcessor" />
   <controller class="FoobarRequestProcessor" />
   <controller class="AcmeRequestProcessor" />
</manager>

For Expresso I too have subclassed the TilesRequestProcessor
for our own ExpressoRequestProcessor. Can a module have
more than one controller?

--
Peter Pilgrim