struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status check?
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2003 06:24:41 GMT

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, Ted Husted wrote:

> Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 16:55:07 -0400
> From: Ted Husted <husted@apache.org>
> To: Struts Developers List <struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Status check?
>
> Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> > By the way, I uploaded the new Struts-Faces integration library stuff (and
> > copied over the old one for legacy purposes) to a new directory:
> >
> >   http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/release/struts-faces/
> >
> > I left a web server redirect in place so to that the old URL comes here.
>
> Is this a temporary location related to the hard drive problems?
>
> Posting these at
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/nightly/struts-faces/
>
> seemed cool, but we don't want to keep things under release unless
> there's been an actual vote, n'est pas?

The nightly directories get any file older than five days cleaned out --
and, because I'm not able to deal with getting them published in the time
I'm at JavaOne, that means a "somewhere else or nothing" policy is
important.

That being said, we definitely need to figure out a strategy for stuff not
in Struts core but having "releases" by whatever definition is
appropriate.

> -Ted.

Craig