struts-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <>
Subject Re: Status check?
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 00:27:44 GMT

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Ted Husted wrote:

> If anyone had a mind to, it would be really great to have the Struts
> News and Resources pages updated this week, before the next RC. There's
> been a bunch of stuff announced on the list lately. (If not, I'll try to
> do it before we go to final release.)
> I'm still getting my head around the release procedures [never signed a
> JAR before, except with a marker =:)], but do hope to have it sorted out
> by Friday or Saturday.

You shouldn't have to sign any jars - we haven't done that for Struts
before. The only things I sign for the releases are the zip and tar.gz
bundles. There's a page on the Wiki that might help you with that:

I added the section on PGP 8.0 Freeware, since that's what I use, but you
can also use GPG, which I think is installed on daedalus. The MD5 tool is
definitely installed on daedalus, since that's where I create the digests
for Struts releases.

If you're still having trouble, you could put the zip and tar.gz bundles
in your home directory on cvs and give me access, and I can create the
sigs and upload them, if you want.

Martin Cooper