struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Mete Kural" <me...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Re: composable RequestProcessor
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 07:49:28 GMT
Hello Struts developers,

I noticed this discussion on how to design the next generation of the Struts RequestProcessor
and it got me interested. I have one question to you guys about this subject. Can the next
version of RequestProcessor be designed in such a way that it will enable developers to write
portlet applications (JSR-168 compliant) that are based on Struts, as well as servlet applications?

At this time, one needs to tweak Struts and extend it in certain ways in order to write portlet
applications based on Struts. Everybody is doing this in their own propriotary way. It would
be great if these extensions were part of the standard Struts distribution.

I think Struts would be a good choice as a framework in portlet environments as well as it
has been in servlet environments.

I welcome your comments.

Thanks,
Mete