struts-dev mailing list archives

From Vic Cekvenich ...@basebeans.com>
Subject Re: wish: 1.2 branch?
Date Sat, 03 May 2003 15:59:48 GMT
Good question!
I enjoy working on open source, and have a lot of Apache license working
source published (list backed bean, event driven actions, content
management sample app, etc. and I have this new "killer" idea on XML for
Rich UI )
I have used PoolMan in the past I liked it

I did try, looked at cvs of DBCP..... but I would do it all different.
I just do not enjoy working on what looks to me a non struts issue, more
of a Tomcat issue, so I need to motivate myself. (tomcat release with
it, it just will be deprecated shortly, I even try to pay o get other to
fix it, just so I do not fix it)
Also I may not be a good systems programmer at all, (of course I do have
a large(r) ego as an application programmer.)

I just did some CVS to bP and will do this one validator thing to bP....
then I will look at DBCP again. (would you kindly give the url of a
bugzile to DBCP making right issues pop or a bug # you want me to stab at).
 From baseBeans $ point of view no Struts 1.1 is ok, but from
Struts/Open Source point.... no 1.1 is hurting. So that part could
motivate me.

.V