struts-dev mailing list archives

From "David Graham" <dgraham1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: PropertyMessageResource cache management
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 14:05:23 GMT
It looks like MessageResources only caches the MessageFormat objects.
PropertyMessageResources only overrides the getMessage(Locale, String)
method and caches all of those messages.  Since that method takes no
replacement values the cache should not grow for each user, just for each
message that has no replacement values.

David