struts-dev mailing list archives

From "David Graham" <dgraham1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Status check?
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2003 02:55:08 GMT
>So you're suggesting that I rip out the deprecated methods now, go for RC1,
>and damn the torpedoes that the API is incompatible between Beta 1 and RC1,
>and there was no warning (other than nightly builds)? You really think
>that's OK?

On one hand, it seems rude to break the builds with not much notice.  On the
other, you're setting a dangerous precedent of maintaining backward
compatibility between betas.  If the changes can be fixed in a reasonably
short amount of time, I think you can just rip out the methods.  If not, can
you leave them there and remove them in 1.1?

>Gump builds for Tomcat and Turbine will start failing as soon as I remove
>the deprecated methods.

What if you sent a note to the mailing lists with a warning?

David