struts-dev mailing list archives

From "David Graham" <dgraham1...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Yes, it's another VOTE: RELEASE STRUTS 1.1 WITH DBCP NIGHTLY BUILD
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 18:59:01 GMT
Regardless of how well DBCP works, Struts doesn't need to bundle a
DataSource implementation.  Many people use implementations from their
container vendor, many others use implementations from their database
vendor.

There are significant problems in DBCP that are a long term goal to fix.
There are 3 open bugs against it right now.  If those are fixed we can go
with DBCP.  We recently stopped bundling the jdbc extension jar and require
people to download it separately.  It's just as reasonable to require people
to download a separate DataSource implementation.  In this case it would
allow us to release Struts faster.

David