struts-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Dollin <ed...@blue-moose.net>
Subject RE: why only one instance of Action class (Action class thread sa fety)
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 20:35:13 GMT
Since everyone is weighing in on this, I'll add my two cents.

First off, the only 'real' problems people have with struts (excluding
bugs) is the mindset of the first application.  The problems that I see
are

1) Initial form load
2) Getting used to the tags
3) Getting used to reset / validation / validator
4) Triing to force their business logic into action forms.

By then if they have had a problem with thread safety, they have already
worked through it during the initial confusion stage anyway.

In my opinion, not worth the effort.