struts-dev mailing list archives

From Maya Retzlaff <Maya.Retzl...@mediacatalyst.com>
Subject Giving back struts wml:tag lib
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 17:46:26 GMT
Hi,

Craigh Mcclanahan, suggested I send these questions to this mailing list
after I contacted him since he was the owner of the related bug.

Purpose:
I'm a developer of a company who developed a wap site in doing so our
clients is paying for the development of a struts wml tag lib. Which we've
suggested to our clients to submit back to the community. I've been given
the task of finding out if there's any interest in it, and what the process
would entail. Since my client hasn't decided yet I'm looking to see what the
different options are and what it would mean for them I'm a bit hesitant
about giving out to much information on a public mailing list. NDAs and all
that.

Background:
Its revolves around the status of bug 656 or any other development done on a
wml tag library for struts. I see in the comments of that bug that the
taglib was suggested for the sourceforge struts wml project.

Is this where I should direct my questions? There is a
http://sourceforge.net/projects/struts-wml/ project but seeing that there's
only one developer and that the actual code is 3-5 months old I wonder about
the status of that project. Is there a jakarta hosted project in the making?
If so what's the status on it?

Tag lib:
It includes most if not all tags according to the wml spec and is compatible
with Struts 1.1 beta 1 (testing with 1.1 RC1 is planed in within the next
few weeks)

Questions:
 * If you would be interested what kind of requirements you have on the
code, documents and so on.
* Have you done this kind of thing before? Could you give me an example of
how it the process would be?
* My plan was getting initial input from you of what you would need from us
and what steps it would go through.

As I'm not yet aware of what type of publicity our clients are interested
in: Do you have any idea of what kind of information would have to be
disclosed during a "review" done by you and subsequently if the code was
accepted.

If you're interested I've a lot of other questions but I guess these could
be enough.

Best regards
/Maya Retzlaff