struts-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Bauer <Matthias.Ba...@livinglogic.de>
Subject Re: composable RequestProcessor
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 07:46:39 GMT
The Struts Workflow Extension (http://www.livinglogic.de/Struts/) has
exactly the problem you are describing. It needs to  overwrite the
standard RequestProcessor and the TilesRequestProcessor. In order not to
duplicate any logic, I needed to come up with a class hierarchy I am not
100% satisified with.

Thus, I am very much in favour with a more composable RequestProcessor.
However, I totally agree with David, that it is sufficient to provide a
RequestProcessor interface, instead of choosing the configuration file
approach.

But I don't see a reason why this needs to be deferred until Struts 2.0.
Why can't the RequestProcessor interface be part of Struts 1.2?

--- Matthias