struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release struts-legacy 1.0
Date Sun, 18 May 2003 19:54:13 GMT
David Graham wrote:
 > +1 as long as this jar and DataSource implementations are removed for
 > 1.2.  This is still a temporary solution to get 1.1 out, right?

We're already deprecating GenericDataSource in this release, so we will
could remove it in the next 1.x release. Once we have removed
GenericDataSource, and made the corresponding struts-config element
required, we can remove the dependency on the struts-legacy jar.

The difference from RC1 is that instead of wrapping a DataSource
implementation from another CVS, we have extracted the original
datasource into a separate JAR, and provided compilation paths for JVM
1.3 and 1.4.

Of course, any datasource, including the DBCP, can be plugged into the
datasource element of the struts-config, which has been true since the
initial release.

-Ted.