struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Yes, it's another VOTE: RELEASE STRUTS 1.1 WITH DBCP NIGHTLY BUILD
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 21:37:02 GMT
David Graham wrote:
 > Just to be clear, we're not planning on keeping GDS after 1.1 is
 > released right?  This is just a temporary solution to maintain
 > compatibility?
 >
 > David

That would work for me.

In the ZIP, I deprecated the classes with the notation:

"Will be removed in a future release in favor of third-party
implementations"

The bottom line is that we would be rolling back to the Struts 1.02
classes and deprecating them. This avoids bringing DBCP and Pool onboard
now just so we can remove them again later.

Next time around, we can require the type attribute, send these classes
back to the attic, and let people plug in whatever DataSource
implementation they like.

-Ted.