struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Yes, it's another VOTE: RELEASE STRUTS 1.1 WITH DBCP NIGHTLY BUILD
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 21:00:29 GMT
So, by retrofitting the old GDS and adding the new 1.4 Connection
signatures as "UnsupportedOperation", she compiles under 1.4 but
*without* Commons-DBCP and Commons-Pool.

I have a Struts 1.0 intranet application that uses the old GDS, so I'll
try migrating that to Struts 1.1 tonight, and run some tests. But, since
the whole idea of the old GDS wrapper was backward compatibility, it
should be fine.

Since we're replacing the classes outright, a diff didn't make sense, so
I attach a ZIP of the updated GDS and GC classes, in case anyone is
interested. These would just be dumped into the util package.

I'll report again and call for a vote before committing anything to CVS.

-Ted.