struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Yes, it's another VOTE: RELEASE STRUTS 1.1 WITH DBCP NIGHTLY BUILD
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 20:38:30 GMT
So one thing that switching over to DBCP did for us was to gain support
(or at least compilability) for the new additions to the Connection
interface in Java 1.4. These are the SavePoint and Holdability methods,
as well as the additional PreparedStatement signatures.

The quick fix would be to have all of these throw an
UnsupportedOperationException, as we did for other things GDS didn't
support. That's what I'm trying now. If anyone were already using this
in Struts 1.0, they wouldn't be using these features anyway.

If we're not going to carry the DBCP forward into future releases, then
rolling back to GDS seems to me like the best solution, since it retains
backward compatibility and leaves us the least to do later.

If I do get this to work, I will of course post a diff for feedback
before committing anything back.

Ted Husted wrote:
> I'll try it now and see how it goes.
>
> David Graham wrote:
>
>> The easiest solution would be to include the last final release of
>> DBCP.  If everyone agrees on rolling back to GDS and someone
>> volunteers to perform the changes, then it's fine with me.  We haven't
>> heard from many of the committers on this topic though.
>>
>> David

Ted Husted,