struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: plans for module inheritance?
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 11:25:58 GMT
A good place to start discussing ideas like this is the Struts wiki.

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?StrutsProjectPages

It's open to all comers, so feel free to jump in.

Personally, what I need most is "inheritance" within the Struts
configuration elements, as we have in the Validator configuration.

I believe that element inheritance with multiple configuration files
(and a naming convention) will provide most teams with all the flexible
they need.

I do want to work on porting element inheritance from Tiles to the other
Struts configurations as soon as 1.1 ships, since it would be of great
help in my own development work. (My other hot button being the
Commons-Resources integration.)

-Ted.

henrik.bentel@teradyne.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just curious.
>
> Are there(or have there been) any ideas around module inheritance? Such as
> if the default module defines a common set of actions and globals, these
> could be referenced in "sub-modules" automatically without explicitly
> defining them?
>
> -Henrik Bentel

Ted Husted,