struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Craig's back, so I'm asking again...
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 10:54:59 GMT
James Turner wrote:
> One of the biggest digs made against open source is that the developers
> have no commitment to release schedules, so you never know when things
> will be available.

Here's a story that describes the true nature of open source:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/contributing.html

My perspective is this: if anyone wants 1.1 out sooner, then they can
dig in and make it happen. (And I'm not talking to James here, who's
kept the validator working for us, but to the list.)

If Struts 1.1 isn't happening fast enough for the corporate users, then
there aren't enough corporate users helping with the development of
Struts and its dependent packages.

Since I'm not an evangelist, I don't really care if other people use
Struts or not. It works for me, and I just try to share the wealth, best
I can.

-Ted.