struts-dev mailing list archives

From Christophe Warland <christophe.warl...@s1.com>
Subject RE: Tiles excessive memory usage
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 00:00:14 GMT

-- Christophe

-----Original Message-----
From: cwilling@maine.rr.com [mailto:cwilling@maine.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 6:22 PM
To: Struts Developers List
Cc: cedric@apache.org; cedric.dumoulin@lifl.fr
Subject: Re: Tiles excessive memory usage

Chris,

I'm just now getting to profiling our struts/tiles app and have always had
some concern about the efficiency of the tiles.  Not that I'm a suspecting
type of person but I just didn't have any information and that caused me to
wonder.

Regardles when or if this fix gets placed in a release, would you be willing
to offer sufficient code snippets that will give me enough understanding to
implement your fix in my app?  I'm now getting deeper into tiles and getting
a good feel for what's going on so this would be a perfect time for me
before we enter client phase.  Also, I'd be willing to contribute this
efficiency gain to the project(with your help or ok) if Cedric and the other
powers agree this is something that should be done.

But in the meantime, could you supply me with some more detailed information
and snippets.  This could potentially kill my project since performance is
the major hot word amoung manager types these days where I work.  You can
reply to cwilling@maine.rr.com with details that don't pertain to the
developer's group if you like.

Thanks for posting this!!!!!!!

Chris Willingham