struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code Formatting was Re: cvs commit: jakarta-struts/src/share/org/apache/...
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:09:25 GMT
+1

Adopting a coding convention is part and parcel of being a ASF product.
If a Jakarta product doesn't choose one, Sun is the default. It's been
that way from the beginning.

It's true that we have been lax in the past. (Jakarta products have been
lax about a lot of things.)

Moving forward, if we adopt any other packages into a Struts CVS, we
should be sure they follow the Sun conventions, or whatever others the
team adopts. Given the capabilities of modern IDEs, this is not a
difficult thing to do.

-Ted.

David Graham wrote:

>>  I disagree with you, we don't have a standard.
>

> Every Jakarta project explicitly follows the Sun standard guidelines
> unless listed here:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/faqs.html
>
> Struts follows the Sun guidelines and it is our responsibility to ensure
> the code is consistent or be in violation of the Jakarta standards.
>

>>  Cedric
>

> David
>

>> David Graham wrote:
>>
>>> The bottom line on this issue is that we already have a standard, the
>>> Sun Java coding conventions documented here:
>>> http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/
>>>
>>> When modifying code it is our responsibility to ensure that it meets
>>> these standards.
>>>
>>> David

Ted Husted,