struts-dev mailing list archives

From Cedric Dumoulin <ced...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tiles insert tag was Re: cvs commit: jakarta-struts/src/share/org/apache/...
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:29:46 GMT

David Graham wrote:

> Cedric,
> Here's the problem as I understand it:
> To extend a definition you must declare all the attributes in the
> parent definition even if they're set to "", right?

  No. The parent definition only declare the attributes relevant to the
parent. A child (extending a parent) can add some new attributes.
  If an attribute is not used in a parent, you don't need to declare it.
  In your case, the attribute is used by the associated layout, but you
want the layout to ignore it (to show nothing).

  Cedric