struts-dev mailing list archives

From Cedric Dumoulin <cedric.dumou...@lifl.fr>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-struts/src/share/org/apache/struts/taglib/tiles InsertTag.java
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:32:32 GMT

dgraham@apache.org wrote:

>dgraham     2003/03/17 18:42:59
>
>  Modified:    src/share/org/apache/struts/taglib/tiles InsertTag.java
>  Log:
>  Formatting changes only (in preparation of bug fix).

   May I recall that the consensus is actually to not reformating classes ?

  Check http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/status.html under the Coding
Convention Guidelines, it is written:

  "Observe the style of the original". Resist the temptation to make
stylistic changes for their own sake."

  Reformating a classes is painful: it introduce useless noise in CVS,
confuse original authors, and don't bring useful things. So please avoid it.
  I know that you don't like my format style. But this is not a valid
reason to reformat it ;-)

    Cedric