struts-dev mailing list archives

From "White, Joshua A (CASD, IT)" <Joshua.Wh...@thehartford.com>
Subject RE: Using tiles def in global forwards broken?
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 21:32:07 GMT
David,

Perhaps I am trying to go about this the wrong way.  With the exception of
the default page, every page in my application is referenced through tiles
definitions.  Is there another way to take the default request/page and call
your default page using a tiles definition?  I am trying to avoid putting
tiles tags in the jsp itself.

Joshua

-----Original Message-----
From: David Graham [mailto:dgraham1980@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 4:07 PM
To: struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Using tiles def in global forwards broken?

I think the problem is that you're using the logic:forward tag.  That tag
uses the RequestDispatcher to do the forward which doesn't give Tiles a
chance to step in and interpret your tile name into something the
RequestDispatcher can handle.

Regardless, I recommend you don't use the logic:forward tag because it's
performing business logic in the view layer (jsp).

David