struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Close to RC2?
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:29:29 GMT

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, David Graham wrote:

> Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 07:41:18 -0700
> From: David Graham <dgraham1980@hotmail.com>
> To: struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Close to RC2?
>
> I was thinking that 1.1 final would come after RC2 with the final versions
> of dependent jars.
>
> Do we have a direct dependency on commons-pool or is that included to
> support DBCP?  I would like to remove the dependency on those packages for
> 1.2 as they won't be needed to support the deprecated GenericDataSource.

The commons-pool dependency is indeed inherited from commons-dbcp.  We
can't actually remove GenericDataSource (in 1.1), because it wasn't
deprecated in 1.0 -- we'll be able to clean that up next time around if we
want (but we should warn people in the struts-config DTD that the whole
<data-sources> element will go away, if that's really what we want to do).

> David

Craig