struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Close to RC2?
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:27:26 GMT

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Ted Husted wrote:

> Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 06:59:22 -0500
> From: Ted Husted <husted@apache.org>
> To: Struts Developers List <struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Close to RC2?
>
> A frequent comment about RC1 is that it did not use the released
> versions of the Commons packages.
>
> I think for RC2 to be a "likely" release candidate and enable us to go
> from there to a final release, we will need to lock down the Commons
> dependencies first.
>
> Otherwise, I believe we would just be preordaining a RC3 that deployed
> the final versions of the Commons packages.
>
> So, I would say that as soon as the requisite Commons packages are
> released, we would be good to go to RC2 (assuming that we have kept our
> own tickets trimmed, as we have so far).

Agreed.  If we want RC2 to be equivalent to final if no bugs are found, it
*must* be packaged with released Commons libraries.

An example reason for this -- unless someone changed it recently, we are
dependent on a method in commons-logging that was added since the last C-L
release, so you can't compile the HEAD branch of Struts against C-L 1.0.2.

> -T.

Craig