struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bug 16108 - Why is ActionForm a base class rather than an interface?
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:20:48 GMT

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Ted Husted wrote:

> Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:49:36 -0500
> From: Ted Husted <husted@apache.org>
> To: Struts Developers List <struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Bug 16108 - Why is ActionForm a base class rather than an
>     interface?
>
> It's a high priority for another milestone. It is not slated for the
> current iteration. Though, when I did that, I didn't know if there would
> be another RC, so I marked it ahead. But at this point, there's no
> reason not to go ahead and do it this weekend.
>
> Just to clarify, we're simply docuementing the design rationale. There
> are not any plans to change how the ActionForm works right now.

And you're really going to have to break both of my arms and/or kick me
out of Struts development if you want ActionForm *ever* changed to an
interface again -- in *any* future Struts release.  I think it's an
absolutely horrible idea, for reasons that have been documented way too
many times to count.

Craig McClanahan