struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RequestUtils.computeURL()
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:37:29 GMT

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, David Graham wrote:

> Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 08:27:32 -0700
> From: David Graham <dgraham1980@hotmail.com>
> To: struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: RequestUtils.computeURL()
>
> >Is there any reason that any tag should NOT call computeURL when
> >evaluating a URL that needs a parameter of Map entries added?
>
> computeURL also encodes the url with session information which isn't
> desirable for images.  Maybe ImgTag should just replace & with &amp; itself
> without calling computeURL.

It is definitely desireable if your "image" is dynamically calculated
based on information stored in the session.  It is also desireable if you
are using session affinity to track all of a particular user's requests
throughout their interaction with the app.

Having a boolean switch on the URL rewriting would be a nice 1.2
enhancement, but I think we should definitely call computeURL() now.

> David

Craig