struts-dev mailing list archives

From Mohan Kishore <mohankish...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: <nested> taglib purpose?
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:16:44 GMT

+1 (newbie)
but still, I was coming to the same conclusion...
 David Graham <dgraham1980@hotmail.com> wrote:So nested and struts-el provide the same
functionality in different ways.
It seems like we're having a lot of taglib problems lately and the amount of
time required for the people that didn't write them to fix them is large.

David

>The nested tag library uses BeanUtils syntax for it property accessors,
>which is more consistent with the original tags than EL-based stuff is.
>For pages that use lots of EL, the struts-el tags are going to feel easier
>to use. To each their own.
>
>The nested tags also, in many circumstances, can lead to shorter
>expressions because of the implied-parentage stuff.

>Craig

Mohan Kishore
732 Marlin Ave, Apt 4
Foster City, CA 94404