struts-dev mailing list archives

From "David Graham" <dgraham1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: xhtml javascript hiding methods
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:53:04 GMT
Martin,
You should realize that without this attribute the xhtml outputting feature
of Struts will be *completely* useless if you use the validator.  The
javascript will not work surrounded by a CDATA section.  An alternative is
to hide the js in an html comment.  This attribute gives people the choice
of how they want to hide the javascript.

Which section of the spec does this violate?  I've only found compatibility
suggestions.  As I understand it a -1 vote means the change can't take
place.  Is this really your vote on this?

David