struts-dev mailing list archives

From "David Graham" <dgraham1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: xhtml javascript hiding methods
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 03:28:12 GMT
Thank you for reconsidering Martin :-).  What about the situation where you
want HTML browsers to read the script but also want to be able to validate
the page as XHTML?  In this case, your main goal is to provide backwards
compatibility while moving into the world of XHTML.  Remember that one of
the goals of XHTML is that existing browsers be able to read it.

The requirement that the htmlComment attribute be ignored in XHTML mode does
not allow for the above situation.

Thanks,
Dave