struts-dev mailing list archives

From dmk...@earthlink.net (David M. Karr)
Subject Re: Proposed: logic:else clause
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 22:03:02 GMT

    James> I find in my code, I do the following a lot:
    James> <logic:equal name="foo" property="bar" value"baz">
    James> </logic:equal>
    James> <logic:notEqual name="foo" property="bar" value"baz">
    James> </logic:notEqual>

    James> I'd like to propose (and would be willing to code) the following:
    James> <logic:equal name="foo" property="bar" value"baz">
    James> <logic:else>
    James> </logic:else>
    James> </logic:equal>

    James> What do people think?

I think the trend is to avoid implementing features which are easily supplied
in the JSTL.  This is easily done with an arrangement of "c:choose", "c:when",
and "c:otherwise" tags.  This doesn't help people who are forced to use
containers only supporting Servlet 2.2.  Hopefully that set is becoming smaller
and smaller.