struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Declare Struts 1.1b3 as Struts 1.1 RC1
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:32:29 GMT
Be that as it may, there is not a strict technical requirement that any
of the Struts taglibs be bundled in the core JAR or that the releases
coincide with the release of the Action and Config packages.

Is the struts-el taglib now actually broken because html:link gained a
missing property? Or does it simply fail to meet one of our expectations
for the taglib?

I am of the opinion that all the taglibs should be packaged separately.
In this way, that fixes and enhancements that do not affect the core
Action and Config packages could be released more easily. The
conventional taglibs have stayed put so far since they arguably do no
harm and provide a convenience to a great many users.

But we now have the situation where you would be obligated to vote
against a release because changes to one package where not reflected in
another package, which at this time lives in the contrib folder. I
submit this that this is the type of coupling that MVC was invented to
defeat, and that we not taking our own advice =:0)

Craig plans on releasing the Struts-JSF tablib separately, why can't we
do the same with Struts-EL?

-Ted.

--
Ted Husted,