struts-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Declare Struts 1.1b3 as Struts 1.1 RC1
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:31:39 GMT

On 18 Jan 2003, David M. Karr wrote:

>     David> The only added attribute was "cdata" that defaults to true on the javascript
>     David> tag.  I'd like to see this included in the release because it rounds out
the
>     David> xhtml functionality.
>
>     David> We have yet to hear back from Martin if he is vetoing this change.  If
he does,
>     David> then I'll remove the attribute and always put a cdata section around the
>     David> javascript in xhtml mode.  Obviously, I and other xhtml users would be
>     David> dissapointed.
>
>     David> And on that note, remember that we need to make sure that any attribute
changes
>     David> in the base library get into Struts-EL.  There were some attribute changes
made
>     David> right before the 1.1b3 tagging, which was during a five day period when
my
>     David> house was without power for 79 hours, so I wasn't able to get the associated
>     David> Struts-EL changes in until after 1.1b3 was tagged.  I don't think that
is a
>     David> real problem, but it will be a real problem if something like this happens
for
>     David> the real release.
>
> I'm not sure this matters at this point, but if we're really voting on taking
> the 1.1b3 tag as rc1, I guess I'd -1 that, based on my previous comment.  If we
> used 1.1b3, The "html:link" tag will have an "action" attribute, but the
> "html-el:link" tag will not.
>
> Is there an easy way to get the diffs or comments of all elements with commits
> since the 1.1b3 tagging?

I haven't tried it, but you should be able to use 'cvs log' or 'cvs diff'
with a date range to obtain the checkin comments or diffs, respectively,
since the code was tagged for the 1.1-b3 release (on 12/30/02).

Also, you might be able to use the list archives to identify commit
messages since the tag date. Being a pack rat myself, I have all the
messages stashed away. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper