struts-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jelly actions (was Re: Another bright idea, make "indexed" work with JSTL forEach and friends)
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 07:57:46 GMT

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> Longer term (2.0 time frame probably), I'm playing with more interesting
> ideas like using Jelly scripts (or JSP pages) as Actions so you don't have
> to write them in Java.  We also need a good high level multi-request
> framework, and it might be useful there in automating some of the forward
> and backward link references.

I've spent some time playing with writing actions in Jelly, and I think
this has a *lot* of potential. The main issue at the moment has to do with
the lack of pluggable scopes in Jelly. I actually started to work on this
a while ago, but got derailed and never got back to it. I hope to find
some time to finish what I started after Struts 1.1 Final.

--
Martin Cooper